Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP)
The Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP) was established under the Ministry of Commerce of the Royal Thai Government to assist in building the competitiveness of Thai manufacturers and exporters to fulfill their potentials. With more challenges and opportunities within the new world economy, the DITP aims to provide fast, reliable and efficient services.
Headquartered in Nonthaburi, with another office in central Bangkok, DITP operates more than 60 affiliated offices and over 40 honorary trade advisors worldwide, connecting Thai entrepreneurs to the international market, and providing business consultations, information about trade, marketing, rules and regulations, importer and exporter data, and business matching services.
DITP organises trade shows both in Thailand and abroad, including the country’s premier jewelry show, the Bangkok Gems & Jewelry Fair.
The Gem and Jewelry Institute of Thailand
The Gem and Jewelry Institute of Thailand (GIT), which is a Public Organisation, is a national institute whose primary mission is to promote and support the Thai gem and jewellery industry in the global market. GIT also provides the opportunities for exchanging knowledge and supporting networking by hosting international academic conferences.
To be a world-class leading professional organisation in gem and jewellery sectors, with excellences in standard and services.
- Gem testing centre.
- Precious metals assay and hallmark centre, assaying purity and hallmarking precious metals with advanced equipment.
- Training centre, offering courses by experts with the aim of enhancing the capabilities of personnel in Thailand’s gem and jewellery industries.
- Gem and jewelry information Centre, serves as the provider of gem and jewelry marketing information to the industry through seminars and publications, as well via the GIT website.
- Gem and jewel research and development centre, conducting research to serve the development of the Thai gem and jewellery industries, including compiling research and providing a database of academic services, and disseminating information for the benefit of the industry
- Professional consultancy in the gem and jewellery industry, particularly in regards to coloured stone standards for ruby and sapphire. GIT has conducted intensive research on coloured stone standards, which are intended to establish accuracy in gemstone color communication and trade names in thge global market. This has led leads to increasing trust and confidence between traders and consumers