The venue the 2017 CIBJO Congress is the Shangri-La Bangkok, one of Thailand’s most prestigious resort facilities, with 400 metres of frontage on the banks of the Chao Phraya River. It includes 802 luxurious guest rooms in two adjacent towers, the Shangri-La Wing and the Krungthep Wing, all characteristically Thai, with silk and teak finishings. The hotel is operated by Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, one of the world’s premier hotel ownership and management companies.
The first tower of the hotel, today called the Shangri-La Wing, opened in 1986 and the Krungthep Wing was added 1991. All the key facilities, including the conference centre where the CIBJO Congress will take place, are located in the 25-story Shangri-La Wing.
The Shangri-La is the only riverside hotel facing the Saphan Taksin skytrain station, providing rapid travel to all parts of the city, and it is a half-hour drive along the highway from Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
- Condé Nast Traveler magazine (US) Gold List by readers, 1999-2014
- Travel+Leisure magazine (US) T+L500 by readers, 2006-2014
- Travel+Leisure magazine (Southeast Asia), ranked 1st in top 3 business hotel in Bangkok and voted in top 10 Asia’s top family resort, 2014
- DestinAsian magazine (Asia-Pacific), voted best hotel in Bangkok in Readers’ Choice Awards, 2013
- Condé Nast Traveler magazine (US), ranked 4th in top 15 best hotels in Thailand in Readers’ Choice Awards, 2012
- SmartTravelAsia.com (Hong Kong), voted in the hot 25 conference hotels in Asia in Best in Travel Poll, 2012
- Business Traveller magazine (Asia-Pacific), voted best business hotel in Bangkok in Readers’ Poll Awards, 2011
- Condé Nast Traveler magazine (India), CHI, The Spa voted the favourite hotel spa overseas in Readers’ Travel Awards, 2011
- Business Traveller magazine (Germany), ranked 3rd in best hotel in Asia-Pacific in Readers’ Choice Awards, 2010
- The Asset Magazine (Hong Kong), voted Bangkok best business hotel in The Asset Business Travel Report, 2010